1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
3. Collecting personal information
3.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of investigating house values and options open to you (including your address, mortgage, mortgage payment, size of house, reason for selling);
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
4. Using personal information
4.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
4.2 We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it by entering your details (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
4.3 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
5. Disclosing personal information
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to [any of our employees, professional advisers or agents] insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
5.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
5.3 We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. International data transfers
6.1 Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website (for the purposes of client testimonials only) may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
6.2 You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 6.
7. Retaining personal information
7.1 This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
7.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
7.3 Without prejudice to Section 7.2, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
- personal data will be deleted after 12 months.
- client testimonials will be kept indefinitely.
7.4 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
8. Security of personal information
8.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
8.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
8.3 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
9.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
9.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
10. Your rights
10.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
10.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
10.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
11. Third party websites
11.1 Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
11.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
12. Updating information
12.1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
14. Data protection registration
14.1 We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
14.2 Our data protection registration number is [number].
15. Our details
15.1 This website is owned and operated by Clarus Property Futures Ltd.
15.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 09564726, and our registered office is at Lower Hawkstones Farm, Todmorden, OL14 8SB.
15.3 You can contact us:
- by post, using the address above;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.